Posts About...
WritingGODPhotographyEscapism Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Great Introduction

I can't believe I'm starting a new blog. But I'm a really indecisive person. Someone told me recently that I blog too much for other people, and as I meditated on that, I realized that I was never going to figure out who I am as a person if I don't sit down and think about me. I need to muse over what's going on and know what I think about things. Not always other people. I love having other people read my blog posts, but sometimes you need to discover yourself too.

Last night I had second thoughts about this, though. I tried to shrug it off. "I'll just work on writing in my journal routinely," I reasoned, since I've always had a sort of phobia against opening up to other people--in real life or on the internet.

But GOD wasn't going to have it this time.

"You're starting a blog," He told me, "because things you write in your journal will not ultimately benefit others. Not until they're found one day after you're gone. I made you to be great and to help others. I made you to make other people happy. Start a blog, and I'll tell you what to write--you're going to touch the hearts of other people. That's what I made you for."

And He's right. I'm not on this earth to write just to have something of myself to read in 30 years. I'm on this earth to do things to help others now. Not after I'm dead, but now.

Anyone who knows me well won't believe me. They don't think I'm really going to update every day. They probably don't think I'm going to open up and perhaps mold my life so that it helps others. But I'm going to use this blog, and write about me, and glorify GOD in a way that I don't have to pretend to be anything but who I am. I'm no preacher. I'm not very good at that at all.

But we all worship in our own way, and we all are Christians in our own way. We don't live by a strict set of rules. Christians are people, we have personalities. It's in our individual lives that people will see how we love Jesus and want to help people. We can make a difference, and make people happy, by being ourselves.

So this blog is my broken compass. You don't have to take it like you should do exactly what I do--it's not an instruction manual--it's not even a guide to anything. It's a broken compass showing the directions I go in my life, the choices I make, and the consequences. It's me. I hope that it benefits you in some way.

I don't believe there's a point in a person's existence if they don't use all their talents and be themselves in order to make others happy.
We were put on this earth to make others happy. You don't have to be a preacher to do that. Just be yourself.
And I'm going to work out a way to use my existence to make people happy.
I'd rather be dead than live knowing that I'm giving sorrow to the ones around me. I want to make a positive difference in the world, in what subtle little ways I can.

Everyone deserves a little happiness. And you can do this. You can make people smile; all it takes is a kind word or a hug.

I love you all and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts