Posts About...
WritingGODPhotographyEscapism Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Katy Perry California Dreams Adventure!



(Yes, I suck at coming up with blog titles.)

I think it's really funny, and amazingly awesome, that we got to see The Band Perry and Katy Perry in the same year. Of course, the circumstances both times were considerably different, not to mention their styles of music couldn't differ more. Also, Katy Perry isn't really her name, but I read she's actually Katy Hudson. Still, it's fun to think about this and muse about how amazingly lucky I am.

I've decided never to doubt anything my mom ever says...again. She said we were going to see Katy Perry, but since we were in Peru at the time I thought all the tickets would be sold out by the time we got home. That was not the case. There were still decent seats available, and I could see the whole stage perfectly well. My mom makes things happen. I'm not sure how she does it. She's just awesome, that's all I know.

The concert was well-choreographed and basically a work of art. There were so many costumes and for each song it was different. It followed the Alice in Wonderland/Candyland theme--I think there was almost a little bit of Cinderella in there, too. On the screen between songs they played bits of this movie where she's in costume and she walks around this really cool land made of candy, searching for her Kitty, and having adventures. It reminded me of the Taylor Swift concert I saw a couple of years ago, where for each song she had a different set, and it was simply magnificent. I'll share photos from that later.

My favorite song she played in this concert was E.T. because you could feel the beat here more than in any of the other tracks. There were green and blue lasers reaching wide over the crowd, making you feel like you were in a science fiction movie. I wish I'd been able to get a good picture of that, but I was too busy singing along, so that's fine. I was enjoying myself and if I'd spent the whole concert taking pictures, then I would have missed the whole thing--and that wouldn't be much fun at all.




This really was an adventure. It was almost perilous. Here's the suspenseful summary of how it was action-packed and nerve-racking at first:

I went with my mom, dad, and my brother. I had the greatest time with them. I had quite an adventure trying to get four bottles of water to them. For some reason the guys at the food place just had to take the caps off the bottles, so... Picture Mariella stumbling through a crowded arena and trying to figure out how to get back into the row where her family is sitting, that is really narrow and where it's easy to fall down.

Well, there were some kind people who helped me pass down the bottles of water to my family. They said, "Need us to help you pass something down, sweetheart?" Probably because they saw me looking so pathetic with the four bottled waters calling to my family who couldn't hear me because of the music going on at the moment. So we called until my parents looked up and received the bottles of water--and then I finally went back to my seat, the chances of falling and dying having been slimmed. But I wasn't going to be able to last the whole concert without any water. We'd gone up three flights of stairs and my tongue literally felt like paper. How was I ever going to sing along if my tongue felt like paper?!

Aside from that, I wore some nice ballet flats that I thought would look good with my sequined shirt, but I forgot that for something like a concert ballet flats are not the most comfortable kind of shoes to wear. Next time Katy Perry comes I think I could get away with wearing fluffy bunny slippers! ♥ It would fit the theme and I think that if I dress up in my pajamas I might be able to make the Meet-and-Greet. I will start shopping for the perfect bunny slippers now.


Yesterday was, in fact, my brother Christian's 14th birthday. This concert was his birthday present. I think we all had fun and I'm glad he had a nice birthday. I know I enjoyed myself as well. It was an adventure.

Thank you so much, Mom, for proving me wrong. I'm never going to doubt you again.

(Honestly. My mom does amazing and crazy things! I want to be like her!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts