Posts About...
WritingGODPhotographyEscapism Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

On Reading, Reviews, And Rereading Twilight.

First, I'm excited to finally be able to write a blog post on here that has something to do with reading and writing. I love writing about spirituality but I want there to be a balance, and I think that GOD is helping me to find that balance so I can write about both on here.

I wrote a couple of reviews which were first published on THE ESCAPISM PROJECT but I decided I can share on here, too, for my readers who enjoy reading and for some reason aren't yet following Escapism. From now on, when I read a book I'll be sharing my reviews on both blogs. If you're an Escapist blogger, feel free to do the same yourself.

I finished 13 LITTLE BLUE ENVELOPES and a review is a little bit overdue. I'll get to that ASAP. I also have to review BEASTLY, which I finished last night.



There are some books I've gotten recently that I'm going to read soon and review. I'm excited about all of them. There are titles from both genres, YA and Religion. A couple of books I'm rereading; others I'm discovering for the very first time. Here's a list of what I've got so far in the area of YA books, the volumes that I know I'm going to read: (Books in italics are ones I'm rereading; books in bold are new ones I've never read before. I'm not reading them in any particular order either, and this list may change with books appearing and disappearing, and there is no deadline.)

  • Sing Me To Sleep by Angela Morrison
  • Anna And The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  • Shine by Lauren Myracle
  • The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
  • The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
  • The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
  • A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
  • Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
  • The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
  • Wings by Aprilynne Pike
  • Spells by Aprilynne Pike
  • Illusions by Aprilynne Pike
  • Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
WAIT WAIT WAIT---YOU DON'T MEAN? HUH? TWILIGHT? THAT'S GOTTA BE A TYPO. That's probably what you're thinking. But you read correctly: I've decided to reread Twilight. It's been at least two years since I've read it last and I'm curious to see how my opinion on these books would differ now from how they were back then. I'm not saying I plan to read and love them, but I'm going to look at them with a critic's eye--or at least try to, because everyone knows I'm not a very good critic. Chances are I might throw aside Breaking Dawn before I finish it because I remember that book only for negative things. But I want to try it. It's just something I feel I have to do. I talk about how I dislike that series all the time but feel stupid doing it when I barely remember any of it, so I'm going to read it again in order to either change my mind or back up my claims.

Here are books about religion that I'm going to read, most of which I've never finished because though I love the subject I just can't skim them:
  • Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly
  • Jesus Of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI
  • The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge and Brent Curtis
  • Spiritual Warfare For Every Christian by Dean Sherman
  • Lord, Have Mercy by Scott Hahn
And, this is a 6-book boxed set on world religions that I got forever ago:
  • Judaism by Alan Unterman
  • Catholicism by George Brantl
  • Protestantism by J. Leslie Dunstan
  • Islam by John A. Williams
  • Hinduism by Louis Renou
  • Buddhism by Richard A. Gard
Some other books I have that are neither YA nor Religion:
  • Tomorrow We Die by Shawn Grady
  • The Prince Of Tides by Pat Conroy
  • The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Classic novels:
  • The Prince And The Pauper by Mark Twain
  • The Hunchback Of Notre-Dame by Victor Hugo
Historical novels:
  • The Diary of Anne Frank

I will, of course, keep you updated on any changes--additions, etc.--to this list. But so far this is what I've got and hopefully I can read them all by the end of the year.

I'm still open to suggestions and would love to hear what you think would be good books to read. I will put up my book reviews for Kissed by an Angel and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas tomorrow.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts